Office Administrator and PA to the Minister in Charge of St John’s Church
Start date: 1st January 2015
St John’s Church are looking to appoint a dynamic and self motivated person to fulfil the role of Office Administrator and PA to the MIC at St John’s. The role begins on the 1st January 2015 and is a permanent part time position. The closing date for the application is 30th September 2014 at noon. Please send a CV and a covering letter.
A job description is included below
Office Administrator and PA to the Minister in Charge 1st January 2015
St John’s Church, Wynberg
· Screen calls, correspondence and emails...
· Manage diary, set up appointments in liaison with MIC
· Welcome and attend with care those coming for an appointment with MIC
· Assist in keeping official records of baptisms, weddings and deaths and other pastoral information. Liaise with users of Hall and Church for outside bookings.
· Handle sensitive issues with discretion, sensitivity and care.
· Do typing, edit and proof read key church documents using Microsoft suite including rosters
· In conjunction with MIC keep online profile through the website and social media up to date.
· Post weekly giving and statements in conjunction with book keeper.
· Organise duties for ground staff especially around cleaning rosters etc.
· Well developed communication skills drafting letters, reports, editing and proof reading
· Ability to communicate telephonically with pastoral sensitivity and wisdom whilst maintaining a professional manner.
· Attention to detail
· Self starter –ability to organise, plan and manage tasks.
· Highly computer literate with skills in web site updates and social media.
· Ability to plan and manage basic church events in conjunction with volunteers.
· Ability to delegate
· Knowledge of Microsoft suite tools, power point presentations, web based graphics programmes.
· Ability to work in a team
· Personal commitment to Jesus Christ and his Kingdom life.
· Desire to become a fully integrated member of St John’s Church and be committed to the vision of being unified in Diversity, Family of families, Christ centred and Mission shaped.
· Good personal self management.
· Team player.
· This is a part time post of 22.5 hours per week Monday-Friday 8.30am-1.00pm.
· It is expected that at times there will be flexibility around working hours to fit in with other duties. This is arranged in conjunction with the MIC.
St John’s Wynberg is an Evangelical, Charismatic Anglican Church celebrating its 180th year of existence. We are attempting to be a family of families, unified in our diversity, Christ-centred and mission-shaped. We are part of the Parish of St John’s and we enjoy rich fellowship with our daughter churches and the WAREHOUSE.